How to have clarity for any goal you set
May 8, 2017
May 8, 2017
If you’re having difficulty following through on those things you want to do, or are struggling to reach your goals, these tips might help you. I have used them myself and with my clients, with great success.
- Vision: You must know what the outcome will be; you must be able to ‘see’ what it is you want to accomplish.
- Focus: You must focus on what it is you want to see happen and not what you don’t. Far too many people start out trying to accomplish a new goal, and waste all their energy worrying about the worst-case scenario. Put that energy into focusing on the changes that you want to see occur.
- Belief: Work on changing your internal beliefs so that they line up with your vision. If you don’t believe you will be successful, why would you be?
- Physical Health: You must take care of your temple by moving and eating a diet rich in veggies, fruit, lean protein choices and healthy grains. If your body is polluted with ‘junk’ all the time it will make it difficult to function at an optimal level.
- Choice: In every moment, you have the power to choose. Make choices that connect with your vision.
- Self-talk: The words you speak become the house you live in. You must be aware of your negative self-talk and do your best to end that habit.
- Be Real: Be a ‘truth-seeker’ and do those things that align with who you are at your core. Be authentic, and give yourself the freedom to be who you really are.
- Stinking-Thinking: You must have a growth mindset vs. a fixed mindset. Learn that mistakes are okay and a vital part of the learning process. They are opportunities for you to ‘get it right’ the next time, not feel like a failure. No one learned anything from getting something right the very first time.
- Action: You must act, but make sure it is action that is moving you towards your goal, and not just action that is keeping you busy. Learn to be move by your dreams and not your fears.